Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Update on the girls...

The girls are changing so much - especially Ruth as she gets a little older. Erin continues to talk all the time, throw temper tantrums semi-regularly and try to prove who is in control quite regularly. Unfortunately for her, Mommy and Daddy have pretty strong wills to combat her will - although we don't like the whining or the tears... Erin is completely potty trained now - WOOHOO!!!! There is excitement in the Dillon house. She only wears a pull-up to bed or naptime. The lollipops worked. And now when she goes #2 in the potty, she expects immediate gratification of a lollipop. Don't know how we are going to get out of that one...

While I was at ACA last week, Geoff and I were talking on the phone. He told me that he has good news and bad news. The good news is that Baby Ruth walked from one couch in the living room to the other couch, which was about 5 or 6 steps for her. The bad news was that he had just asked Erin if she needed to go potty and she told him no. Not two minutes later, she peepee'd on the couch. And it was quite wet from what Geoff said. I told him I was sad to miss Ruth walking (Tooter waited until I was gone, you know), but I was glad he got to clean up Erin's mess. That's the last accident she has had and it was about 2 weeks ago...

So, Ruth took a few steps for Geoff and has taken a few steps for me, but is not by any means walking regularly. She realizes that her strength right now is in crawling and she has for some time now adapted the use of her mouth as a third hand in order to carry something as she crawls. And DUDE, she is fast. You can blink and she is around the corner (or up the stairs if the gate isn't blocked).

We gave her hot dogs for the first time this week. She love hot dogs and has started to say "hot daaa" but she leaves the "g" off, so it is quite cute. She also has identified Bob recently and will go around saying "Bob" if she sees him. I thought she was doing that so I asked her the other day "Where's Bob?" He was eating right behind her and she turned around and pointed her hand towards him and said "Bob" very clearly. The cutest thing I think she is doing lately is when I ask her where is sister, she'll look around for Erin. If Erin is still napping and I say, "Let's go get sister", Ruth will look toward the stairs and say "Sis-tah". She knows that Erin is "Sis-tah" and can say it. SO CUTE!

So I think now she knows MaMa, DaDa, Sis-tah and Bob who are all her normal peeps in the house. So fun...

No comments: