Tuesday, September 11, 2007

First day of school

Well, the day that I have waited for all summer arrived today! Erin and Ruth started to school. School is another word for Mother's Day Out. I was concerned about Erin starting school at a new place - the girls are going to First Baptist Church Round Rock - First Steps Learning Center. The past two years, Erin has gone to O'Chester Learning Center at Great Hills (the church we attend).

The Tuesday before Erin started Mother's Day Out, we were at Great Hills and Erin saw all her friends from last year at the church. Joshua started yelling for "Ewin, Ewin". Erin was waving to her friends yelling "My fwiends, My fwiends, I'm coming my fwiends!" I told Erin that we were going to a different school this year. She was very sad that day. However, once we started to FSLC, Erin was very happy and did really well in the new environment. We were so glad. She has some new friends to go with it. Her friend Jax is in the Mom's group I am involved in and they are in the same class. She's made two new friends, Jewel and William. And she loves her teacher, Mrs. Emily.

Ruth also started the Mother's Day Out program. Fortunately, Ruth is a little used to being left because of church and other things, so she has done really well in the MDO program. She really likes Mrs. Kerry.

No comments: