Sunday, September 30, 2007

September 2007

September was not near as eventful as August. With the girls starting Mother's Day Out, it has been a little less busy with them and little more busy for me in relation to taking them places, etc. Not only that, my Junior League placement this year is A Chirstmas Affair. For those of you that don't know, the Junior League is a service organization that puts money back into the community every year. A Christmas Affair is the largest fundraiser every year. My placement has gone through the summer, but with ACA only 2 months away, the ACA team is in high gear for sure!

Lots of different minor things happened this month. I took the girls to Ready, Set, Play! It is an inflatable place. Erin LOVED it, Ruth...not so much. She basically crawled around the floor doing nothing. Erin loved the slides - the BIG one and the medium sized one.

Ruth is still cruising pretty well. She is able to stand for a few seconds without holding onto anything. She acts like she is cutting teeth and ran a slight fever for a couple of days and had lots of diarrhea in relation to it. Those times are the times that I wish the girls were potty trained.

We started potty training Erin this month after her birthday. We are not having too much success. She is determined sometimes to prove she is in control and I am not by using the potty in her diaper/pull up. I can't wait until she is potty trained! She pulled the funniest stunt one day during her nap time. I went up to get her out o her room and she was butt naked. She had pulled off her diaper. She never said she needed to go "peepee" or anything through the monitor. I noticed that there was a night time diaper on her bed. It wasn't there before for sure. I asked her what happened. "I have to go peepee, Mommy, and I take off diaper, so I pulled out nighttime diaper to peepee." Erin had placed the diaper perfectly on her bed so that she could peepee on the diaper and not on her bed or floor, but she can't tell me that she needs to go peepee in the potty. I laughed so hard and so did Geoff when he got home. Isn't it crazy!
"Mistah Patwick" brought Erin a birthday present and she was so excited. She tore into the present immediately and has played with her Diego and Rescue Pack so many times since her birthday. It is such a popular toy that there are fights with friends and sister over playing with it.
Joshua came over to play one day and this picture was so cute, I had to share. They love each other so much and it is great to see them together.
The picture of Ruth in the blue shirt is her most precious smile. She crinkles her nose and her whole face shines when she gives us this smile. The picture in the pink and yellow striped outfit was too cute when she was hugging the teddy bear. She likes to lay on anything that resembles a pillow and rest for a few minutes here and there...

No comments: